Sunday, July 09, 2006

Never walk alone?

Gustav Vigelands art in Frognerparken, Oslo (Photo: Norwegianblogger, July 2006)

I've been to Frognerparken here in Oslo today with a good friend's family. To see this park with kids puts another perspective on the whole experience. The park is filled with statues by artist Gustav Vigeland showing human beings from birth until death and everything between. The artist portrays grief, jealousy, joy, innocence, love, hate and loneliness through groups of statues. All the statues are naked and I'm reminded of Sting's song "FRAGILE". How fragile we are as humans: We love, we hate, and we are lonely and happy. We're lost, we're found, but the question is: Do we walk this road alone or are we here to walk it together? I've had some great conversations through e-mail today, and it makes me believe in sharing more of this life. Do I dare to let other influence me; do I dare to let others lead the way or do I dare to walk my path in spite of what others say? I don't know, but at least I'm glad to feel that there's a road ahead - waiting for me to walk it. I think I will join the Liverpool supporters in this great truth and hope for our fellow man (and myself): You never walk alone!


Frognerparken, Oslo (Photo: Norwegianblogger, July 2006)

4 comments:

Geir Skårland said...

Our friend Helge is a great photographer, so are you :-)

Norwegianthinker said...

Thank you. I was there with Helge, Vigdis and the kids and we were going wild with our cameras :)

Helge Årsvoll said...

He-he, there you are again my friends! Happy birthday to you, Geir! 33 years!

Norwegianthinker said...

Ah, Happy Birthday Geir - A few days after :)