Sunday, July 30, 2006

From Cyber band to real band (for me)

Something Sally in Concert, Oslo, July 2006 (Photo: Norwegianblogger)


It's been an interesting day indeed. A couple of months ago I was introduced to a band called Something Sally through the web. I listened to some of the songs on their page and was immediately attracted to the music. They've got a sound and a style that is right up my alley. I was surprised to read that they actually are Norwegians, even though they now have their base in the UK. For a long time they've announced that they would have a concert here in Oslo at the 29th of July, and since I liked their music I wanted to be there. It was fun to listen to this band that has been a cyber band for me for some months now. Afterwards I was even able to have a nice, little chat with Sally and Thomas from the band and I had fun shooting a couple of photos of the two of them.

Something Sally in Concert (Photo: Norwegianblogger)

Sally and Thomas from Something Sally (Photo: Norwegianblogger)

Five different artists / bands within the soul - genre contributed to this day's concert and it was great fun listening to them. I even had some interesting conversations with a guy that happened to sit beside me in the audience. After talking for some hours I was again made aware of the fact that every single person in this world has their own story - and it was great listening into one more of these stories. After this I met four of my friends for dinner, conversations and a movie.

No comments: