Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's in London

London New Year's Eve 2005 (Photo: Norwegianblogger)


New Year's Eve Celebrations in London 2005 - 2006 (Photo: Norwegianblogger)

Every time I'm in London I love the city a little bit more. I've been in London this weekend with a friend and had a great time! To sum it all up: Two plays: Otherwise engaged with Richard E. Grant and Epiphany for George Dillon with Joseph Fiennes, two museums: Tate Modern and National Gallery, London Walks excursion to Canterbury and Leeds Castle (including Evensong in Canterbury Cathedral), New Year's celebration at Westminster Bridge with fireworks, Big Ben and thousands of people from different parts of the globe, a lot of walking and talking, a LITTLE shopping, but most of all: Taking in the spirit of the wonderful, international city of London!

4 comments:

Scholiast said...

Hi there :)

I'm a bit envious you've been to London recently, haven't been there in years...

Still - I like your blog! Nice to see other Norwegians toying with English too...

I had a St. Lucia entry recently, you can have a look here if you like.

Norwegianthinker said...

Hi Scholiast,
Thanks for your posting and Happy New Year! Great to hear from other Norwegians. You should absolutely bring your five children and enjoy London (even though the pressure from thousands of people near Big Ben New Year's Eve is not at all recomendable for kids!!!)

David said...

Yes, London's a great place - but I would say that. I enjoy taking people on my walks so if you ever come back and would like to see some of the City's hidden treasures then just get in touch.

Cheers David

www.ancientblue.blogspot.com

Norwegianthinker said...

How nice to have a London guide visit my blog. Good luck on your guiding!