Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Swedish ancestors

My great grandmother was Swedish and she was born in Dalarna in Sweden in 1877. She died long before I was born, but through photos and stories from others in my family I've managed to get a certain impression of what she was like. Now and then I've been doing some research on my family. Genealogy is interesting, and through the web I've been able to trace a lot of my family here in Norway. I've followed some of the lines back to the 16th and 17th century. I've had one line that stops with my great grandmother - my Swedish side of my family. In Norway there are some great genealogy sites at the web (and it's free), but I haven't really found anything similar in Sweden. Last year I suddenly found a photo at my mothers’ house that I realized was a photo of my Swedish great great grandmother and great great grandfather. From not knowing anything about that side of the family to suddenly look at a photo of my Swedish ancestors was a treat. I think it's a wonderful photo as well. At the backside it says Sven Loo, Mellerud. Mellerud is a little village in the Western part of Sweden. I've been there a couple of times, and I know that there's still family living there. As a tribute to my Swedish ancestors and family I hereby share this photo with the world.


Norwegianblogger's Swedish great great grandparents

No comments: