Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's my birthday!

A fish I met in the restaurant yesterday. Is he/she looking at an old man?

The old man at his birthday




Once more I'm celebrating my birthday. Later today, I'm going to a party with my family. That'll be fun!
Yesterday I was out with a couple of friends and we talked about getting older. We all agreed that it feels a little weird. Inside we're the same persons, but when we look in the mirror - or we think of our age it feels strange and unfamiliar. Who is this person that suddenly is a grown-up man? I'm still the same inside I guess. Only a little more confident and secure - but looking older on the outside. Looking at the outside i realize that this life is short, incredibly short. I remember my Grandmother's sister always said that "it feels strange to be old". I'm starting to understand what she meant. Anyway, I do enjoy life, and I love living it. I want change in certain areas, but I'm so glad that I've come this far.

4 comments:

Nissekona said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PER!! I have to wait until tomorrow to give you a birthday hug :)- that is...if you're at work. Looking older....don't think so...I don't think you look any older then the first time I saw you (4 years ago). I guess you can say that you age with grace ;)I bet you look forward to be sungen to at the meeting tomorrow *lol*. I'll sing really high this time *hehe*. Have a great birthday celebration Per.

Norwegianthinker said...

Thanks! Nice to have a compliment at my birthday!

hopelandik said...

Wow...what a thrill to walk into a new year older and wiser!?

Bless you old friend, I look forward to celebrating together in Seattle...this year! Probably not, but in spirit, yes.

Norwegianthinker said...

Great to hear from you Celeste! I was actually thinking about you today, so I was happy to find a message in my blog! Take care and all the best. Hope to see you here in Norway in 2006!