Sunday, January 02, 2005

Making room for rage

Hi! Why am I here as a blogger? I was actually inspired by a good friend of mine who opened her blog a couple of days ago (http://indiarubyflower.blogspot.com/ ). I thought it was wonderful to se her on the web - and I thought - why not join the community? After reading another blog for months( http://www.thursdaypm.org/blog/rachelle/ ) I have felt really touched by what Rachelle's been writing - and it's inspiring to read everyday wisdom. Rachelle is a very wise woman.

A friend of mine told me once that he thought that I should be less analytical and more active, but now I think: Perhaps blogging could be a kind of action? Being me is partly being analytical, and this is a forum for that. I don't know if there will be anyone reading this, but I'm here. I'm writing, and sharing, and analyzing and trying to find my way in this wonderful, but confusing world. I'm here and you're welcome to share in this frightening, hopeful and great journey called life.

The tsunami in Asia has really been on my mind in the last week. I stayed in a hotel at Patong Beach a few years ago, I walked the beaches of Phi Phi island and I stayed in a shabby hostel at Penang island in Malaysia. It's been surreal to watch these locations totally destroyed and chaotic. People died those places and paradise is suddenly hell, and there is no escape - I've been there - I've stood at the exact places where the photographers and the CNN reporters stand today. Why do some people live - and others die? If the earthquake had happened a few years ago I could have been among the dead ones. I don't know why some people die. I think about it a lot, but I don't find a lot of answers. The Bishop of Oslo said something wise today. He said that in situations like now we should make room for anger. Being angry at God and letting ourselves ask questions. I guess this is my prayer this night: Help us to make room for rage when there are no answers to all the why's of our lives.


No comments: