Monday, January 03, 2005

Insomnia?

After having a long vacation I was back at work today. I've loved the long nights and long mornings for the last couple of weeks. Going to sleep at about 2 AM and waking up at about 11. It's actually great to be able to turn around life like this for awhile, but today the alarm went at 6:45. I was really tired because I wasn't able to sleep before 3 AM - but I'm OK. Actually it feels like a jet-lag - trying to cope with everyday life again. Back to work and back in the routines.

It's the ordinary days that make up most of our lives and I believe we have to take care of these days and nights that we get. Being 35 I realize that I don't live forever. I've always known that, but now I feel it. Maybe I've already lived half of my life? Man, I'm glad to be alive. I sincerely hope that knowing my mortality makes me live my life to the fullest!

1 comment:

hopelandik said...

I was reminded by your blog today of a crazy film we saw in the University District, years ago..."Insomnia" a Norwegian film...remember? You were disappointed that my intro. to Norwegian film/art was so drab. No worries...I think Norwegian folk are wonderful!! hee hee
Well, what to say for this day. I am grateful for Internet, that I can go to an internet cafe and check into my friends life, one who lives thousands of miles away. Did you read my take on "Garden State"? I think you would love it...

we are all in this together you know.