Saturday, April 23, 2005

Who are we really?

As I wrote in Paris I have felt lately that I have become more invisible. In some ways I feel it's because of my own choices - I have chosen to be more isolated. It has made me think - who am I really - and who are we as part of the human race? What is a man and a woman in itself - more than flesh and bones? Why are we able to give each other heaven and hell through the words we're saying or from a touch from our hands? I've had some conversations lately that have made me think (yes, Im not totally isolated :) ). We are trying to make sense of our lives, we're searching for acceptance and to be embraced, we are so fragile. The distance between sanity and being "out there" is so short. What is a life then, and why are we here? I don't know - I only know that the sun rises and the sun sets every day, the wind blows and our lives are like being on a journey where you don't know the destination. Right now I feel a little lost, but there are a few lighthouses here and there that leads the way. I'm looking intensely for those lighthouses.


Spring in Oslo. (Photo: Norwegianblogger) Posted by Hello

3 comments:

hopelandik said...

is this a picture of flowers or of a gathering of friends, all with the same hat? I like it either way! your words cause me to smile because I relate so well and feel assured that there are many of us that desire rich and loving lives. a thought crossed my mind recently, "it is never too late to live". understand? I am beginning to see it...it's coming. it's never too late.

bless you brother!!!

Norwegianthinker said...

No, it's never to late. It's even possible to increase our sense of living through the cyberspace - thanks for sharing and keep on LIVING!

Anonymous said...

that's the way it is sometimes but living for God gives you a purpose to live. My, its so much fun!