Saturday, August 12, 2006

Death

It's late; it's in the middle of the night. There's a candle-light in my window; I've got a wonderful CD with Annie Lennox on; I've seen an amazing movie (The Princess and the Warrior) by Tom Tykwer, one of my favorite directors. I feel content and happy - and I'm thinking about death. Does that sound strange? Maybe, but being aware of my mortality makes me feel intensely alive. To sit here and feel that I don't feel any pain, I've got work, I've got friends and family that cares for me, I even have some wonderful friends here in Cyberspace that have given me a virtual community that brakes down all barriers of borders and continents. I'm here and I'm alive, but one day I will not be here anymore. I leave this existence behind and I'm dead. As a teenager I dreamt that I died. It's one of the most intense dreams I've ever had. I was catapulted upwards in spirals of light, energy and speed - and the strange thing was that I felt intensely ALIVE, free of my body, free of my limited thoughts and emotions; on my way HOME. I've written about HOME several times in this blog and I think it's a reality. Sometimes I feel lost, a few times I can feel alone, hurt and wounded but I know I'm on my way HOME. Sometimes there's a glimpse of home here, but through life and death, nothing going to stop us - we're on our way!

7 comments:

Helge Ã…rsvoll said...

Well, i dont`t think i am even prepared or ready for the death.

I think it is normal to face toughts of being death. Most of the people have thoughts of taking their own lives at special moments in life. I think so...

And it helps to prepare for the day which will surely come.

But for me, i am not ready for it. I remember my grandma who was going to take a serious surgery in her old days. She said that she was prepared, but not ready to die, - she loved her life, but was not scared of facing the death.

hopelandik said...

you sure have a way my friend. the constant inquisitor. that is my new name for you. Not the Constant Gardener...or perhaps yes, because you are never satisfied with present conditions of the soil..always going deeper, finding more clues and magic that draws you further and further into abundant living.
bless your mind and heart dear friend. keep drawing us all deeper.

Norwegianthinker said...

I like that name :) - but maybe I'm what I'm educated - the constand anthropologist :) LOL.

hopelandik said...

yes. the constant anthropologist. constantly human. bold. meek. adopted son of God.

Norwegianthinker said...

You're just (remember I love that word - had to use it in a sentence to you) too kind :)

Anonymous said...

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Amazing that those of us who have died to our own selfishness (indeed a daily struggle) and live in Christ will never face eternal death, but eternal life of freedom as you described in your dream. Therefore, we need not fear death.

Norwegianthinker said...

Thanks for your posting Jen :)