Saturday, June 03, 2006

Finding HOME

Finding HOME might be why we are at Planet Earth. The sense of loneliness, the sense of being lost, the sense of not being seen, which every one of us feels from time to time is maybe signs of our longing for HOME. Home is not first and foremost a place, but a state of mind; a sense of belonging, a sense of having been found, a sense of purpose to this life, and maybe most of all; a place of love, trust and safety. Now and then I’ve seen a glimpse of home, in conversations filled with hope, questions and equality, in a hug from mother, in a smile from a loved one, and I’ve found glimpses in art, music and plays that bring recognition and opens up our understanding of life. I’m still on my way to find HOME, and I know that I might find it in people, relationships, and friends, as a state of mind that tells me that I’m there, but maybe our search for home is a part of being human? Maybe it’s not found in its full form before we are in the loving arms of the Eternal who’ll embrace us at the end of this road called life?

Searching for HOME: Oslo, Norway (Photo: Norwegianblogger 2006)

4 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

It meant so much to see your comment on my blog when we were in Oslo a few days ago (on our Scandinavian cruise), NW. And now that I have read this post of yours, I can see that we are definitely soulmates! This about Home is the call of our Souls to that place where we are able to know and be known. Thank you for sharing this! And thanks for letting me meet you!

Norwegianthinker said...

Thank you. I wish you all the best for your travelling, but maybe most of all the best for your life journey!

Geir Skårland said...

a beautiful thought :-)

Helge Årsvoll said...

Amy Grant and the song "Somewhere down the road" is what is coming to my mind, thinking of finding home. I have to listen to this song again. That`s for sure!