Friday, December 16, 2005

Venezia - Venice

I was writing about St. Lucy / Santa Lucia a couple of days ago. Now I'm at her final resting place: the city of Venice, Italy. The railroad station is actually at the exact place she was buried, but they moved her gravesite to a church nearby. The name of the railway station is actually Santa Lucia.

Today is freezing here in Venice, and it's foggy too. It makes the setting nice for a spooky adventure. Yesterday was wonderful with sunshine from a blue sky. This is a city of contrast at this time of the year. I'm glad I'm here in December. It's not as crowded as at other times of the year and you tend to see a lot of the locals, even though the Japanese presence is obvious.

A dark adventure in Venice (Photo: Norwegianblogger, December 2005)

Yesterday I went to a great concert in a church here in Venice. I can't imagine a better setting for Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I really enjoyed it. I've had time for both the Guggenheim museum and the Accademia. Two great museums with interesting collections. Best of all while you're in Venice is to walk and walk and walk. I really feel it in my legs now. I've been walking a lot. At 18:20 I'm having the train to Milan. I'm going to spend the weekend there. Maybe a couple of more museums, some good food, and for sure a lot of walking! Chiao. Arrivideci!

No comments: