Saturday, February 19, 2005

Paris on my mind

I have a couple of places on this planet where I feel at home - one of them is of course Oslo, but other than that New York and Paris are places where I feel really ALIVE. For Easter I'm actually going to Paris, and I'm looking forward to it. Last time I was there I went with two friends and met another American friend there. I loved it. This time I'm going all by myself, but I think that'll be great as well. I love to explore the different parts of the city, just walk for hours and then to sit down and enjoy the scenery. There'll be a couple of cultural experiences as well. I bought a ticket to a concert with Ani DiFranco - that'll be fun. The wonderful jazz artist Lian Amber will be in Paris as well, and I guess you'll see me there.

It's great to have something to look forward to. Paris - here I come!

5 comments:

hopelandik said...

funny, I've been missing it as well. I mean, thinking myself actually there so that I see my reflection in a store front. Every morning I wake, I walk to the computer to check the day's weather...for both Seattle and Paris. So, you see, I relate.

enjoy an espresso for me!

Norwegianthinker said...

Remember me and coffee :) - it's not the best match is it?

hopelandik said...

oooops! Forgot your lack of taste (hee hee) for the finer things!

ok. as you step into the metro, on your way to somewhere, look around..notice the faces, colors, styyyyle...the sounds, maybe some whisperings, then...close your eyes and just enjoy it for me.

ok?

maybe even offer a euro to the poor guy trying to make it by singing or playing a tune to an unappreciative crowd.

Norwegianthinker said...

..and maybe light a candle for you in Notre Dame...?

hopelandik said...

are you there yet?